A Travellerspoint blog

Day 14

Travel day

Before I talk about today I should firstly finish off yesterday. Whilst we were not all that hungry, we did go out to Margaritaville in downtown San Miguel. They had a live band playing everything from the Beatles to ACDC. They played a lot of Santana, the lead guitarist was excellent. We had a few drinks and some snacks and felt that it topped of our week there perfectly.

I awoke at 5.45 and we were ready by 6.30. The taxi was arranged for 6.50. Simone set her alarm for 6.30 and kept us waiting a bit but in the end we had time to spare at the airport. Christine & Graham got up to say goodbye even though they were not flying out early with us. The short flight in the Dornier twin prop aircraft was smooth and scenic. We flew at 1500 feet so got to do some aerial sightseeing.

Upon landing and leaving the terminal we initially waited outside with a lovely Belgian lady who lives and runs a business in Mexico City. We stood there for a bit as that was where she was told we would be collected from. Wrong. I eventually went back in to check and learned that the shuttle bus stopped at a post about 100 metres away. We waited and waited and no bus. The travel company that took us to the small aircraft terminal dropped someone else off and took pity on us and took us. It was fortunate we were not in a hurry as it took 80 minutes from the time we got our bags till when we eventually got to the other terminal.

Bronwyn & Brett were staying locally at another island but got off at terminal 2 with Simone. Simone was on a domestic flight to Guadalajara with a connection to Dallas and on to Sydney and then Melbourne. 5 flights in total. She will not be in good shape by the time she gets to Melbourne. Bronwyn & Brett were getting a shuttle downtown and a ferry to their new Island. We were flying direct to Dallas and on to San Diego so we needed the international terminal. So we said our goodbyes there at terminal 2.

Our flight to Dallas left on tine and arrived early. Our flight to San Diego left late but both were uneventful. Our first flight was 8am and we arrived at our hotel at 8pm. In the process we changed time zones by 3 hours so 9 hours travel. We left Cozumel with humid weather in low 20s in the early morning. Dallas was 3 degrees Celsius. I had frost on my breath walking up the aerobridge. San Diego was raining and 10 degrees Celsius on arrival.

We checked in our hotel and were offered a glass of wine on arrival. It's a nice local Cab Sav and going down nicely. Shopping tomorrow....

Posted by IanDarleneUK 20:14

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint